In March 2013, the Prime Minister announced a package of funding for PE and Sport in Primary Schools. Known as the 'Sport Premium', this amounted to an overall investment of £150m per year for two years. After the first two years further funding has been allocated on a year by year basis. Funding has been allocated to Primary Schools mostly by lump sum but also with an additional sum for each child a school has on roll.
Sport Premium Allocation
Academic year September 2013 to March 2014 = £8796.00.
Financial year April 2014 to March 2015 = £8900.00
Financial Year April 2015 to March 2016 = £9142.00
Financial Year April 2016 to March 2017 = £9325.00
Financial Year April 2017-March 2018 = Projected estimate based on funding doubling in Academic year 2017-2018 £13,987
Our aims are;
- To improve the provision and teaching of P.E at Rufford Primary and Nursery School.
- Increase the levels of participation in physical activity.
- Increase the level of participation in extra-curricular activities.
- To provide a range of extra-curricular activities
- Develop competitive sport
- Promote healthy lifestyles